Perfection

Perfection
My dream existence

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Feast of the Assumption


At Mass today, the priest gave an excellent homily, in which he pointed out that Mary is our example of Catholic joy. "My soul REJOICES in God, my Saviour!" Catholics have every reason to be filled with joy, but many times we are not. Joy does not necessarily mean a giddy sort of happiness, but rather an all-encompassing sort of peace. The Lord is mighty, and He has done great things for me and for the world. He is all-powerful, and all shall work according to His will in the end, so I should have no worry or fear. I am in His hands, and because of this I have joy.
Mary is a neat reminder to us to have no fear, but to trust joyfully in the goodness and mercy of the Lord! This is the day which the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

1 comment:

wendybirde said...

This beautiful post really spoke to me. I qouted it on my blog recently, hope that's okay, just couldnt resist : )

A peaceful week to you : ) Wendy